I have partnered with a number of great clients recently. The aim is always to focus on a small number of relationships in order to provide support as and when needed rather than spread too thinly across too many clients
The areas I specialise in
A skill that very few companies have within them
I provide creative processes and facilitate clients through...
- Organisation Vision and Values – development and embedding
- Alignment – spotting where energy leaks and thrashing out differences
- Organisational Change Process – designing big shifts in focus and corresponding cultural development
- Mergers and Partnerships – bringing teams and organisations together, unifying and creating collaboration (if its appropriate)
I've used Matt to front events featuring top celebrities/leaders like Kevin Spacey and Bob Geldof and facilitate week long study tours for top business leaders to some of the worlds most admired companies and the feedback has always been outstanding."
Adrian Simpson, Wavelength
Leadership Team Coaching
Working as a partner to boards or leadership teams on such elements as...
- Clarifying board mandate
- Setting mindset and behaviour parameters and holding you to them
- Alignment around key strategic issues
- Developing organisational vision, strategy, goals and values
- Creating a team that is much more than the sum of its parts
- Developing feedback loops to self sustain
- Facilitating the group to keep you ‘on purpose’
"Matt White works extensively with FremantleMedia's Operating Board and senior management. Over the last 4 years Matt has been invaluable in helping the Board build its leadership capabilities in order to run its complex global creative business in a fully collaborative way. Matt's has also greatly assisted us in aligning the whole company to deliver very successfully its mission and strategy, enabling our management to work seamlessly across multiple production and rights exploitation businesses, programme genres and territories."
Tony Cohen, CEO FremantleMedia
When it’s important to create a shift in the organisation, both in terms of the focus of the work itself and the behaviours and mindset of the people
I have a great deal of experience in...
- Helping you gain strong insight into your current ‘culture’, the underlying mindsets and behaviours of your people, the ‘environment’ that they operate within and the role of leadership in making the system work
- Clearly defining the ambition of the organisation and forging very clear links between the vision, the business model, the strategic imperatives and values of the people. (I think you should be able to get this all onto 1 page and make it very easy for your people to ‘get’)
- Cascading this to different levels in the business and ensuring ownership is spread in an enrolling and engaging way
- Establishing creative and impactful methods of embedding change rather than leaving it up to everyone to try a bit harder!
- Working with you to sustain momentum, to establish the shift you need rather than fall back into old familiar habits
I even give advice, but only if you ask for it!
I’m not going to tell you how to run your business, or your life, but I do have some experience that I can bring in as stimulus to our work together
- 12 years in marketing and innovation at Unilever
- 8 years Innovation Leadership consultant with ?Whatif! Ltd in London (check them out at www.whatifinnovation.com - they are amazing!)
- Consulting into all types of companies and industries: Manufacturing, Financial Services, Media and Communication, Entertainment, Charities, Social Enterprise, Energy, Retail
- Running study tours and gaining first hand experience of great companies
- Many you will have heard of: Ikea, Apple, Cisco, Ritz Carlton, McDonalds, WL Gore, Electronic Arts, Asda/Walmart, Barcelona FC
- And many you may not have, but equally brilliant: Sol, Unimerco, SKF, REI, Delancey Street,
I can try and invent a profound philosophy to coaching but my mate Steve Radcliffe* puts it well...
This is to support you to “be the best version of yourself that you can be”
I work closely with individuals to...
- Get clarity and meaning about the impact you wish to have, whether its about your life, your work, or specifics aspects of both
- Provide constant support to help maximise the times you are on purpose and noticing and acting upon the times when there is a disconnection.
"Working with Matt has helped me to understand my own behaviours in a professional context, and to match my expectations of others with my expectations of myself. The process has helped me to clarify not just my business goals, but my personal goals - my expectations of myself in the context of my personal and professional lives. In many ways, career progress at a senior leadership level can be very lonely, and having Matt as a sympathetic but not unchallenging 'professional friend' has helped me to deal with that"
Gary Carter, COO FremantleMedia
Big gatherings and Events
I design and facilitate big meetings, where large groups need to:
- Get Connected
- Get Excited
- Get Aligned
- Get Creative
- Get Going